Looking to Modify a Court Order? Get Legal Support from Barnholtz & Kugler

Modifying Existing Court Orders

How a Valencia Divorce Attorney Can Help

Are you looking to modify a preexisting court order? In family law cases, parents often need to alter the court order if a substantial period of time has gone by, or you have had a significant change in circumstances since the last order was made. If you are able to prove to the court that your situation has changed substantially, then the court will consider revisiting the issue at hand. When you wish to modify a court order regarding child custody, visitation or child support, you will have to file a motion with the court. That is why it is in your best interest to consult with a Valencia divorce lawyer from Barnholtz & Kugler.

We understand that life is constantly changing and altering your court orders to suite your needs is not always easy. With our legal team beside you, your chances of success will be far greater and your rights can be protected throughout the process. It is important that you consult with our attorneys before you address the court with your request, so we can build a compelling case on your behalf. The court does not agree to modify all court orders, but do acknowledge when circumstances change. If you or the other parent has had a flux in finances, or the needs of the child have changed, then the original conditions in the court order may be changed.

Types of Court Order Modifications

There are several types of situations where a modification could be in order.

The attorneys at our firm have ample experience with the following modifications:

  • Modification of Child Support
  • Modification of Child Custody
  • Modification of Visitation
  • Modification of Spousal Support

When it comes to matters of child support, there can be matter unforeseen set back that make paying support more difficult. If you are being faced with unpredicted educational costs, healthcare costs, or a change in income of either party, then we are here to help protect your interests. If you believe that your child custody or visitation agreement is no longer in accordance with the best interests of the child, or there have been incidents of abuse, drug or alcohol problems, or a criminal conviction, then we can help you pursue a modification in order to protect the safety and well-being of your family. Lastly, grounds for modifying or terminating your spousal support agreement could be a result of a change in income or a new marriage.

If you and the other parent are both in agreement over the order modifications, that you can avoid having to attend a court hearing and simply sign a stipulation confirming the changes. If the other party does not agree however, then you will be required to file a motion to request a hearing, where you will request a modification. If the request is approved, then your court order will be modified without the other parent's consent.

Contact a Valencia Divorce Lawyer Today

Here at Barnholtz & Kugler, we have more than 40 years of experience handling family law issues and modifying court orders. We understand what your case requires and we can help build a compelling case to court to ensure that your goals are being met. Our firm is dedicated and committed to helping your family in finding the best possible solution for your case. If you would like to learn more about the process of modifying a court order, we would be more than happy to sit down with you and answer any questions.

Contact a Valencia divorce attorney from our firm today to schedule an appointment!