Support & Custody Enforcement Attorney in Valencia
Valencia Divorce Lawyer
After an Order is signed by the judge in a family law proceeding, the parties
are required to
follow the order or risk being in contempt of court.
The first thing to be certain of is what the actual order states. If the other party is violating the
court order, you have options, depending of the order that is being violated.
Visitation Order Violations
If your visitation schedule is not being followed by the other parent
- Request that your local police department enforce the order,
- Request assistance from the district attorney (through the Child Abduction and Recovery Unit) or
- Have an attorney file an action for contempt with the court. This is handled as a request that the court enforce the prior order and find that the other parent willfully disobeyed the prior court order.
Support order violations:
- Have an attorney file an action for contempt with the court.
- Have the court issue an earnings assignment order, so that the support payment will be taken directly from the paycheck of the payor party.
- Request a writ of execution so that the court can order the liquidation of the payor party’s asset(s) and have the outstanding payments due provided to the owed party.
- Motion in order to determine arrearages will be instituted in the event the parties do not agree on the support owed.
If you are in need of an attorney to enforce a prior court order, Barnholtz & Kugler can handle
this complicated process for you. We have many years of experience in successfully
representing clients who need to enforce a prior court orders.
Are you searching for a lawyer for an enforcement case in Valencia? If you would like to precede with any of the above enforcement methods, please do not hesitate to contact a Valencia enforcement attorney from our firm.
Get To Know Us
If you are facing a legal matter, you'll need assertive legal advocates who can protect your rights and best interests.about us
Children Come First
We understand your children come first when walking through the dissolution process.Read more
Dedicated To Your Family
We will be the voice of reason in difficult Family Law cases. Allow us to offer you the moral and emotional support you need.learn more